I’m going to show you how to setup WordPress in your hosting Cpanel.
WordPress is the software that I always use for every single one of my websites sites including the website you’re on right now.
The reason is, it makes it very easy to change and modify, create, or whatever it is you need to do on your website…
…If you’ve never built a website before or if you don’t know any coding or other confusing, WordPress is going to help you get past all that very easily.
If you haven’t signed up for HostGator hosting yet, you need to do that now, which is what I consider the best web hosting for WordPress
HostGator is what is known as a “cPanel host”.
Using WordPress in HostGator can be a cheaper method of building your website.
From this point on, always remember that the essential difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is that you’ll be using a third-party host and domain registrar with WordPress.org.
You’ll also need to get your hands dirty and be more in-depth with the optimization of your website with this option.
Still, you should be able to easily create the site you desire with no coding required.
Registering a Domain
Domain registration is the first step for this method.
To get started, you will need to manually register a new domain using the services of a domain registrar.
If haven’t don’t worry you can do this through your web hosting company.
Installing WordPress on your Hosting Account
After the necessary steps to getting your domain up and running…
…you can easily install WordPress on your hosting account by accessing your The control panel you see here is called cPanel, and all cPanel hosts are going to look just like this:
But for the most part, it can all be done this way for any hosting service you use.
Setting up your Cpanel
To get to your Cpanel page, you need to locate the “Welcome Email” the host sent you when you signed up.
Usually, within a few hours, the host will email you information for cPanel.
Once you have the cPanel information, login and it will take you to this page.
Under software on your hosting’s Cpanel look for Fantastico De Luxe” icon or the “Quick Install
Most web hosts also feature a WordPress installation tools such as Fantastico De Luxe” icon or the “Quick Install to do the necessary steps for you with just a few clicks, so be sure to keep an eye out for these.
Fantastico De Luxe icon will look like this:
Click on the one-click installs:
Then click WordPress icon:
It will then have you select the domain you want to use:
…and that should be it, WordPress will install onto your hosting. You can leave the field next to the domain name blank
- Check auto upgrade box: Make sure this box is checked to enable the auto upgrade box. makes the process a lot easier.
- In the admin Email field: You can just put your email address, or an email address you don’t really care about, you will be getting a lot of different notifications from the WordPress.
- Blog Title field: what you want to do is add a small description on what your blog will be about, or just add your domain name. My advice the more creative and descriptive you fill in this field the better for you web site. With that said, you can always go back and change this later.
- Admin Username field: You can use anything, but it’s usually something like “admin” or you can use your real name (if you’re ok with that). You can also make up a pen name as well.
- In the First and Last Name area: it’s not too important to fill those form but you can fill it out just to finish the sign-up process.Once you have filled in all of the fields, click “Install Now.” This might take a minute or two. Just let it run. Don’t hit the back button on your browser or refresh the page.
This might take a few minutes to process, let it run.
Whatever you do while this process is working its self-don’t hit the back button on your browser or refresh the page.
Once this process has been completed, you will receive your login information, make sure you save this information.
Click the Admin Area link: You will see a login panel for your brand new WordPress website.
(If for some reason after you’ve installed WordPress and you can’t see your website, keep in mind it will take about 48 hours for your website to work across the internet)
Do not be afraid to contact the customer support service of your chosen host, especially if you’re using not-so-popular web hosts.
You don’t always need to buy a new hosting plan for each website:
You can actually host unlimited websites on HostGator.
You do need to spend money for a new domain name if you want to create a second site, but those are only $9 a year.
You DO NOT have to buy ten different hosting plans and pay $10 a month for each website. You just need one hosting account.
If you have any more questions about installing your WordPress site or any question on hosting please leave a comment below
You can also check out some of my other websites: